Family Life Education
Private or group teaching about anything and everything baby and family. All content is researched-based and up to date in the field.
Parents MADE for Postpartum Class
Six session Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorder prevention class that prepares you for the transition to parenthood.
Nesting? Don’t know where to start in the nursery? I have a comprehensive list of exactly what you need, and what you don’t, to bring home baby.
Newborn Care Specialist Services
As your Newborn Care Specialist, I will gently guide your newborn into a natural routine that will develop predictable feedings and healthy sleep habits.
Some duties of a NCS include:
- Bathing, and teaching parents how to bathe a newborn
- Provide parents worry-free sleep
- Teaching parents proper swaddling and safe sleep
- Create an optimal sleep environment
- Age appropriate sleep conditioning
- Teaching soothing techniques
- Cleaning and preparing bottles and/or pumping supplies
- Proper breastmilk and/or formula storage
- Age appropriate activities
- Stocking and maintaining the nursery
- Baby laundry
- Daily log of child’s activities and development
- Provide parents with up to date information on infant development
- Provide additional instruction to parents as requested or necessary
*Minimum 4 hour shift. NCS does NOT provide sibling care, pet care, or other household duties unless expressly stated in the contract. Duties may change overnight vs daytime.
Postpartum Doula Services
As your Postpartum Doula, I will support the entire family during the “fourth trimester” by providing emotional, physical, and informational support. This includes prenatal visits to help you prepare for postpartum, hospital visits to support you immediately after birth, and postpartum visits to help you transition into your new life with a tiny human.
Postpartum care is generally scheduled as 4-8 hours a day as needed to help the new family. During a shift, I can be found doing household chores, meal preparation, baby care, or helping you process your birth story. I offer completely unbiased, evidence-based support and education to empower you to be the parent you want to be.
When your child is older than 6 months and you’ve tried it all, I can come in and help reset the household.
What They Say
“It is a Christmas miracle- 12 hours of sleep for little miss- and 8 for momma!”
The K. Family
“As first-time parents, my husband and I were relieved to have Jessica with us in our home to guide us and answer our questions as we navigated an incredible amount of change in such a short period of time.”
“I feel like a real human today with all that sleep. Thank you!”